The information contained on this page will help the citizens of Springfield prepare themselves for an emergency. If you are currently experiencing a personal emergency such as a fire, medical or law enforcement emergency, etc. - call 9-1-1. If an emergency is happening in your area, tune to a local radio or television station to receive information.
Welcome to the City of Springfield’s Emergency Management Program page. Here you will find links to lots of resources that will help you prepare yourself, family, home, and business for an emergency.
News and Public Notices
March is Earthquake and Tsunami Awareness Month in Oregon. Read the proclamation signed by Governor Kitzhaber, then check out the resources below to help you and your family and friends get better prepared for these events and others.
Make a Plan. Make a Kit. Be Informed. Be Ready!
You never know when an emergency may strike our area. It is important that you are
prepared and know what to do to protect your family and your property.
Ask yourself these questions.
- Do I know what emergencies or disasters are most likely to occur in this area?
- Do I have a family disaster plan in place and have we practiced it?
- Do I know where I can go for help in the case of an emergency?
- Do I have an emergency preparedness kit?
- Has anyone in my household been trained in the proper actions to take in the
event of an emergency?
If you answered "No" to any of these questions there are a number or resources available to help you prepare for any event.
Video: Preparing Makes Sense Prepararse Tiene Sentido
View the City of Springfield Emergency Management Program