The information contained on this page will help the citizens of Springfield prepare themselves for an emergency. If you are currently experiencing a personal emergency such as a fire, medical or law enforcement emergency, etc. - call 9-1-1. If an emergency is happening in your area, tune to a local radio or television station to receive information.
Welcome to the City of Springfield’s Emergency Management Program page. Here you will find links to lots of resources that will help you prepare yourself, family, home, and business for an emergency.
News and Public Notices
Public invited to "How Prepared...Are you?" a Emergency Preparedness Presentation. The event is free to the public but RSVPs are required. To reserve a spot please either email CERT@ci.eugene.or.us or call 541.682.5860.
At the presentation learn about:
- Home Preparedness
- Water Storage/Purification
- Family Disaster Planning
- Family Communication Plan
- 72 Hour Kits
- CERT Program
- Hazards and their impacts
- Community Preparedness and Infrastructure
Learn more by viewing the event flyer here.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers recently completed studies to update the Dam Failure Inundation Maps for their dams in Lane County. You can check out a video released by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers about the dam failure inundation maps for Lane County at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzXMcsxWkBs.
Make a Plan. Make a Kit. Be Informed. Be Ready
You never know when an emergency may strike our area. It is important that you are
prepared and know what to do to protect your family and your property.
Ask yourself these questions.
- Do I know what emergencies or disasters are most likely to occur in this area?
- Do I have a family disaster plan in place and have we practiced it?
- Do I know where I can go for help in the case of an emergency?
- Do I have an emergency preparedness kit?
- Has anyone in my household been trained in the proper actions to take in the
event of an emergency?
If you answered "No" to any of these questions there are a number or resources available to help you prepare for any event.
Video: Preparing Makes Sense Prepararse Tiene Sentido
View the City of Springfield Emergency Management Program