The City of Springfield’s Development and Public Works Department oversees the design and construction of a variety of projects throughout the City as it works to maintain and develop the City’s infrastructure to meet the community’s ever growing needs. Major areas of responsibility include the municipal street, wastewater, and stormwater systems, as well as administering these systems as they relate to private development within the City.
To view current City of Springfield construction and maintenance projects with details, click on the map below or go to Springfield’s interactive street map.
Click on to view.
To view all construction and maintenance projects within the Eugene-Springfield area and their traffic impacts, click on the map below or go to ODOT’s TripCheck.
Click on to view.
2019 City street and other construction projects:
GO Bond Measure Projects to occur in 2019 – Learn more about the Bond Measure here; Learn more about the 2019 projects here.
- Grind and overlay of 14th Street – Main Street to A Street and E Street to G Street
- Grind and overlay of Commercial Street – from 42nd Street west approximately 450 feet
School Connectivity and Safety Projects – Learn more about the projects here
When completed, these projects will improve safety for students who are walking and biking to and from each school when school is back in session this fall.
- Installation of a Rapid Flashing Beacon Pedestrian Crossing at Thurston Road and 64th Street by Thurston Middle School
- Installation of a Rapid Flashing Beacon Pedestrian Crossing at S 42nd Street and Mount Vernon Elementary School
- Installation of a Rapid Flashing Beacon Pedestrian Crossing at S 32nd Street and Agnes Stewart Middle School
- Installation of a raised crossing at 51st Street and Riverbend Elementary School
Completion of the Main Street Safety Study – Learn more about the project here
Learn more about the Main Street Safety Study here.
- Installation of a Pedestrian Hybrid Beacon Crossing at Main Street and 66th Street
- Previous installations of a Rapid Flashing Beacon Pedestrian Crossing have occurred at 35th, 41st, 44th, 48th and 51st Streets and at Chapman Lane
- Pedestrian ramp upgrades at 16th Street and G Street near McKenzie Willamette Medical Center