Click the icon above to request a Virtual Court appearance.
The Springfield Municipal Court is committed to protecting public safety and the rights of all community members while responding to emerging health concerns about COVID-19
We recognize that courthouses can contribute to potential community spread of viruses, and we are making every effort to minimize risk and modify operations to reduce the number of people who need to come to our court facilities. If you have a court appearance for a criminal matter, please contact your attorney or contact the Springfield Municipal Court at 541-726-3748 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions. You may be able to appear by video conference or telephone.
Effective June 22, 2020, we are enacting the following docket changes in consideration of the guidelines issued by the City of Springfield:
- All jury and non-jury criminal trials that are not time-sensitive will be reset to future dates. Please contact the court for further details.
- If you have received a jury summons, please call the number on the summons to confirm your final juror instructions.
- If you have a criminal trial pending in the Springfield Municipal Court, please contact your defense attorney for further instructions. If you do not have an attorney, please contact the court at 541-726-3748 or email@example.com for further instructions.
- If you have a traffic/violation trial pending in the Springfield Municipal Court, please contact the court at 541-726-3748 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions. If you would like to have a trial by written declaration, court staff will provide you with the required forms.
- If you have a citation or notice that requires you to appear before the Springfield Municipal Court, and an attorney represents you, please contact your attorney for instructions. If an attorney does not represent you, contact the court prior to your required appearance date at 541-726-3748 or email@example.com . You may be able to “appear by phone” or to log into our “virtual court” portal to appear by video-teleconference.
If you have a criminal matter pending with the court and cannot appear by telephone or video-teleconference, please contact the court at 541-726-3748 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an in-person appearance before the court.
As COVID-19 updates are received, and local and national conditions evolve, we may implement additional changes. We will post any new changes on the Springfield Alert website at: https://www.springfield-or.gov/city-of-springfield-alerts