Please click here to request a virtual court hearing.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, the Springfield Municipal Court is providing services as follows: Any community member who wishes to conduct court business such as filing papers, paying fines, inquiring about pending cases, or any other matter should contact the court by phone at 541-726-3748, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail to 230 4th St., Springfield, OR 97477.
Court proceedings deemed necessary by the court will be scheduled and conducted by video-conference or telephone to the extent possible. Necessary court matters include criminal arraignments, release hearings, criminal changes of plea, and sentencing hearings. Any community member who wishes to observe court shall notify court personnel by using the telephone located inside the vestibule at the Springfield Justice Center. All community members must wear a face cloth cover while inside the Springfield Justice Center, and practice physical distancing in the courtroom. Individuals who exhibit symptoms associated with COVID-19 or who fail to follow the listed safeguards will be directed to leave the premises.
Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the Springfield Municipal Court is enacting the following docket changes in consideration of the guidelines issued by Oregon Chief Justice Martha Walters:
- If you have a citation or notice that requires you to appear before the Springfield Municipal Court, and an attorney represents you, please contact your attorney for instructions. If an attorney does not represent you, contact the court prior to your required appearance date at 541.726.3748. You may be able to “appear by phone” or to log into our “virtual court” portal to appear by video-teleconference.
- If you have a criminal trial pending in the Springfield Municipal Court, please contact your defense attorney for further instructions. If you have a traffic/violation trial pending in the Springfield Municipal Court, please call the court at 541.726.3748 for further instructions.
- All jury and non-jury trials that are not time-sensitive are postponed to a future date.
- All traffic/violation trials are postponed to a future date.
- If you received a jury summons for a date prior to May 18, 2020, your jury service will be deferred to a later date.