Your patience is appreciated, if weather conditions and the volume of leaf bags result in us running behind schedule. We make every effort to get to your neighborhood during your scheduled week.
If you live in Springfield (within the city limits) at no time may grass, branches, limbs, or other debris be deposited in the street or the right-of-way. Please follow the specific guidelines for where you live.
- PLEASE DO NOT BLOW YOUR LEAVES INTO THE STREET. Per Springfield City code, it is illegal to place debris in the right-of-way (City Code violation 5.272).
- Sanipac is contracted to pickup, haul and recycle BAGGED LEAVES for residents within the City limits.
- Please place leaves in medium sized garbage bags (bags are to contain ONLY LEAVES).
- Place the bags at the curbside, NOT IN THE STREET before 7:00 a.m. on the Monday of your scheduled week.
The benefits of the City’s Policy:
Our program promotes public safety by keeping leaves out of bike lanes, streets and sidewalks. Large piles can also be considered a nuisance by City Code. Piles of leaves on the side of the road can be very hazardous, examples include:
- Vehicles may swerve out of their lane to avoid piles of leaves.
- Dangerous items may be covered up inside piles (large rocks, bicycles, etc.)
- Attractive nuisance for children to play in.
- Forces bicycle commuters into the travel lane of vehicles.
We appreciate everyone’s ongoing participation in this annual event. Thank you!
Questions about leaf pickup in Springfield?
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lane County Leaf Program
City of Eugene Leaf Program