The City of Springfield’s Development and Public Works Department oversees the design and construction of a variety of projects throughout the City as it works to maintain and develop the City’s infrastructure to meet the community’s ever growing needs. Major areas of responsibility include the municipal street, wastewater, and stormwater systems, as well as administering these systems as they relate to private development within the City.
To view current City of Springfield construction and maintenance projects with details, click on the map below or go to Springfield’s interactive street map.
Click on to view
To view all current construction and maintenance projects within the Eugene-Springfield area and their traffic impacts, click on the map below or go to ODOT’s TripCheck.
Click on to view.
2020 City street and other construction projects
GO Bond Measure Projects
- Grind and overlay of Mohawk Boulevard – G Street to just before 105 overpass – at right of way line with ODOT
- Grind and overlay of Olympic Street – Mohawk Boulevard to 28th Street
GO Bond Measure Projects completed in 2019 – Read the GO Bond Measure 2019 Annual Report. Learn more about the Bond Measure here.
School Connectivity and Safety Projects
- Installation of a Raised Pedestrian Crossing on G Street between 10th and 12th Streets in front of Two Rivers – Dos Rios Elementary School
- Installation of a Rapid Flashing Beacon Pedestrian Crossing on 21st Street by Maple Elementary School
- Installation of a Pedestrian Ramps at the intersection of 5th and M Streets across from Hamlin Middle School
These projects improve safety for students who are walking and biking to and from each school. The three locations were identified after a safety assessment was performed. The City received a Federal Community Development Block Grant for the crossing improvements to help ensure that pedestrians have a place to cross safely and have access within the public right of way that meets current American with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- Virginia-Daisy Bikeway Phase 1A – Area includes just east of the intersection of S 42nd Street and Daisy Street to just west of the intersection of S 51st Place. Phase 1A will include the following work: grind and overlay existing asphalt roadway, construct ADA ramps, sidewalks, driveways, a vegetated stormwater planter, raised crosswalks, storm water facilities, speed cushion, landscaping, signage, medians, striping, and other associated features. More information available at Virginia-Daisy Bikeway Project.
- Maintenance Hole Repairs – Various; 15 locations in total throughout the City.