We can’t wait to see your ideas for UpStream Art! Artists will be compensated $1,000 for the successful completion of their mural on Wednesday, June 9, 2020.
- Review the UpStream Art FAQ & Rules posted on this website.
- Create an original sketch or graphic of your design idea. Ensure you can finish painting it during the assigned times (spanning 2 days at 8-hours each day), using traffic paints provided by the City. The artwork must include the following information somewhere in the design:
• City of Springfield
- Click the blue button below to download the UpStream Art Artist Application. Then complete it.
- Email your (a) completed application and (b) original art design, along with any optional materials, by midnight on Wednesday, June 9, 2021. Details on how to address the email are on page 2 of the Artist Application under “Submitting your entry.”
- If you do not receive an emailed confirmation within 72 hours of submittal, there may have been a problem. Phone 541.726.3626 to check on the status of your application.
|UpStream Art Artist Application due:
||Midnight on Wednesday, June 9, 2021
|Artists notified of selection:
||Week of June 28, 2021
|Artist Contract finalized and returned to the City:
||5pm on Wednesday, July 14, 2021
|UpStream Art mandatory Artist Orientation:
||6pm, Wednesday August 11, 2021, held online
|Final design modifications due
(based on assigned mural location):
|5pm on Friday, August 13, 2021
||8am to 4pm, Thursday, September 2
8am to 4pm, Friday, September 3
|All art must be completed:
||4pm, Friday, September 3 (ok to finish sooner)
Artist’s process to enter:
|Please email your completed (a) UpStream Art Artist Application and (b) original design as follows:
||by midnight, Wednesday, June 9, 2021
||UpStream Art 2021
|Send to the address:
- A clear, in-focus, color-accurate representation of your idea. May be a scan, photograph, or digitally rendered file. For colors in your design, keep in mind the City will provide water soluble traffic paints in red, yellow, blue, white, and black, and they mix easily.
- TIFF, JPG, PDF, or other flattened format.
- 200 dpi or more.
|Maximum email size:
you might also like to send:
- Reference photos that may familiarize the judges with your work.
- If providing a digitally rendered design idea, consider including photos or links to paintings you’ve done. This can help judges determine one of their criteria: “feasibility of creating the work within the timeframe” which is 16 hours.
- To be requested if you win: A headshot-style photo for our website and other promotions. Published only if selected. In focus, good lighting, ideally smiling and making eye contact with the camera. Adding some personality is fine. Minimum size 4-inches on the shortest side and 300dpi (larger is great too).
You may contact us at WaterResources@springfield-or.gov and please put “UpStream Art” in the subject line.