The Springfield Arts Commission invites artists interested in exhibiting their work at the City Hall Gallery in 2020 to submit proposals for individual or group art or educational exhibitions.
Exhibition lengths vary from four to six weeks. No fees or commissions are expected from artist exhibitors. While artists should be prepared with an ample body of work, they are encouraged to apply without the expectation of filling the gallery space as artists’ work may be combined by media or subject matter, for example, with the goal of creating interesting and stimulating exhibits.
The deadline to apply is May, 31, 2019.
The commission makes this call on an annual or semi-annual basis. Artists of every level, novice to professional, are encouraged to apply.
Work exhibited must be suitable to the space and its function. Before submitting entries, please review the complete guidelines for artists. These are posted on the Arts Commission website at: www.springfieldartscommission.org/cityhall_gallery.html
To submit your proposal, please send three documents by email or by mail:
- Sample images of the artist’s proposed exhibition. Please include digital images of up to 10 works which are representative of the proposed exhibition (jpg or tiff format-300 dpi resolution). Please compile all images in one document and submit as an email attachment (Word or PDF format). Alternatively, a hardcopy document or disc may be sent by mail and will be made available digitally for review. Additional close-up photos of the artwork are allowed, and do not need to be listed separately in the application material. Group applications should include images of all artists’ work.
- Image List. Please provide information on each submitted image: Title, media, size, year created. You may also include this information for works that are part of the exhibit, but not shown as one of the 10 sample images.
- Artist’s information:
- Name (or contact for group entries)
- Telephone numbers (home, cell, and/or work number)
- Email address
- Artist’s website (if applicable)
- A brief artist’s statement or a brief artist’s bio that could be used in a press release, if selected
- The months you are available for showing in 2019
Proposals should be received by May 31, 2019. Please send to Arts Commission Liaison, Amy Orre.
- By email (please attach documents as Word or PDF documents) to Amy Orre at email@example.com
- By mail or hand delivery addressed to:
Springfield Arts Commission, 2019 Exhibition Season
Springfield Public Library
225 5th Street
Springfield, OR 97477
The Springfield Arts Commission will select and notify artists by July 1, 2019.
About City Hall Gallery
City Hall Gallery is seen by approximately 3,700 visitors each month. Since 1989, the gallery has featured monthly shows by regional artists chosen by the Springfield Arts Commission.
Located in Springfield City Hall at 225 5th Street, the City Hall Gallery exhibits two- and three-dimensional art primarily by local artists. Open hours are: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday and Tuesday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday and Thursday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday; and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday.