The Environmental Services Division promotes and protects the public's health, safety and welfare by providing professional leadership in the protection of the local environment, responsive service to our customers, and effective administration for the Metropolitan Wastewater Management Commission.
The Environmental Services Division is responsible for:
- Implementing the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination
Systems (NPDES) stormwater discharge permit;
- Coordinating the City's Endangered
Species Act response;
- Establishing local sewer user and stormwater rates;
- The City's industrial pretreatment program which regulates Significant Industrial Users (SIUs) of the
regional wastewater system through permits and administers the Pollution Management
- Providing administration for the Metropolitan Wastewater Management Commission (MWMC) including:legal and risk management
services; financial management and accounting; budget and rate development;
billing and customer service; public information, education, and citizen involvement
programs. Springfield also provides long-range capital planning, and design
and construction management.
Phone: 541.726.3694 Fax: 541.726.2309
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm